- Connecting People | May is Better Hearing and Speech Month! - April 29, 2022
- Is Hearing Protection Necessary at Your Favorite Sporting Events? - April 16, 2022
- Improving Communication with Your Family - April 5, 2022
Do you have hearing loss? If you’ve noticed changes in your hearing, now is the perfect time to book a hearing test. You can start your new year with better hearing, and you’ll be amazed at all the other changes better hearing will bring.
Recognizing Hearing Loss
Hearing loss is a lot more common than you might expect. Approximately 50 million Americans have hearing loss, so there’s a high chance you or someone you know may have hearing loss. You may not notice hearing loss right away, or you may only notice it in certain situations. Here are a few signs of hearing loss:
- You often have a hard time following conversations when you’re on the phone
- You may have difficulty having a conversation in a noisy environment like a social event
- You ask people to repeat themselves, and sometimes you even have a hard time hearing in quiet environments.
- You often feel as though voices are muffled, or if sounds like they’re coming from far away.
- You strain to hear what’s being said, and you feel easily exhausted during conversations.
- You have a hard time hearing if the person talking is facing away from you.
- You find it challenging to pinpoint exactly where a sound is coming from.
- You often turn up the volume on the TV, or you can’t understand the dialogue without subtitles.
- You may choose to stay at home rather than attend a social function because you’re embarrassed that you can’t hear.
- You experience tinnitus, a buzzing or ringing sound in your ears.
There are just a few signs that you may have hearing loss. If one or more of these situations sound familiar, it’s time to book a hearing test!
Hearing Loss Doesn’t Happen Overnight
More often than not, hearing loss is a gradual process. You may not be able to remember exactly when you started noticing changes to your hearing, or even identify what sounds you’re missing. Hearing loss doesn’t happen all at once. Instead, hearing can change slowly over time. That’s why annual hearing tests are so important. A hearing test can show you something you didn’t know. We recommend booking a hearing test every year, even if you don’t notice any signs of hearing loss.
An annual hearing test is a perfect way to start the new year with your best foot forward. You can discover more about your hearing health and start the year with better hearing.
Treating Hearing Loss Improves Relationships
Is your hearing loss affecting your relationships with family and friends? Hearing loss can make it much harder to communicate. You may have to ask people to repeat themselves, and you may misunderstand what’s being said. If you have hearing loss, you’ve likely experienced the frustration of poor communication. Treating hearing loss can improve your relationships. Stop straining to hear, and start connecting with your loved ones! Hearing aids include advanced programs that help you hear conversations. Hearing devices can help you focus on speech, ignore background noise, and improve the clarity of sound. This helps you enjoy easy communication and lets you focus on building relationships rather than focusing on hearing.
Treating Hearing Loss Improves Your Overall Health
Treating hearing loss can also improve your overall health. Wearing hearing aids reduces listening fatigue and gives you more energy. You’ll feel more like getting together with friends, and you’ll be more physically active and more social.
Hearing aids are also good for your brain. When you wear hearing aids, you help your brain hear. And attending social events and having conversations is a healthy exercise for your brain. Wearing hearing aids can reduce your risk of developing dementia, and they’ll help your mind stay sharp.
Treating Hearing Loss in the New Year
It’s time to make your new year’s resolutions. This year, resolve to start your new year with better hearing and book a hearing test with our hearing health specialists. During the hearing test, we’ll find out what sounds you’re missing. We also take the time to get to know you and learn more about your hearing needs. Then we’ll suggest the perfect hearing devices that match your lifestyle and your hearing needs. Don’t wait another year, and start this year off right with a hearing test!