Hearing Aid Repair
There are many different types of hearing aids, and this can decide the maintenance they need. Some models worn in the ear will collect more earwax, while other models are exposed during the day to more of the conditions that may collect dirt and debris. If you have trouble with your hearing aid and are searching for a hearing aid repair in Lakewood, CO we're here for you.
Hearing aid maintenance tips
Your hearing aids are an investment that connects you to family, friends, and the wider world. As such, it is vital to take steps to ensure they perform at their best, day in, day out. You can prolong your hearing aid's service life by integrating daily care for your hearing aids into your schedule.
Here's some routine maintenance you can do that will help extend the life of your devices:
• Remove your hearing aids when applying make-up, hair spray, sun lotion, perfume, and aftershave as these substances can get into the system and cause harm.
• Use a lightweight pad, fabric, or proper cleaning tool to clean your hearing aids to remove earwax, dirt, or moisture.
• Store your hearing aids in a cool and dry location when not in use, and keep the battery pack open. This will help preserve battery power.
• Using a moist cloth to clean the receiver tube and the receiver dome.
How can I repair the hearing aid myself?
If you're encountering feedback, sound interruptions, a less comfortable fit, or if there are clear signs of damage or failure, you need some work on your hearing aids.
While we would never advocate opening up the device yourself, if your hearing aid doesn't work correctly, you can try a few things at home to see if things improve:
• Check the microphone, speaker and vent openings for blockages
• Look for corrosion in the battery compartment.
• Clean the shell with a soft cloth
• Use a hearing aid brush to clear debris from all openings
• Replace the wax filter
If you are unable to fix the hearing aid yourself, contact us. We have a wide range of tools to help your hearing aid perform at its best again. For more severe issues, we can send them to the manufacturers for repair. We can do this for most of the major brands.
How much does it cost to repair a hearing aid?
If you have a warranty for your hearing aid, the cost of fixing your hearing aid is likely to be small. If your hearing aid needs only tubing replacement, deep cleaning, or modification, it will also not cost much and can be done in-house.
If we need to ship them out and are not protected by a warranty, the cost is likely to be higher. Defects that allow us to return the hearing aid for repair vary from structural defects (cracked or missing pieces) to the failure of sound components. Surprisingly, replacing and fixing the external shell is likely to be more expensive than repairing and replacing internal parts.
When is it time to get a new hearing aid?
As with any electronic device, a hearing aid may be damaged beyond repair. In this case, a replacement of the hearing aid with a new model is typically better. But how do you know your hearing aid has gone beyond repair?
• Your hearing aid is five years old or older. you should usually presume that your hearing aid is beyond repair. Hearing aids have 5–7 years of life expectancy. If your hearing aid is older, then it may be time to withdraw it.
• The damage is visually apparent. Crack shells are more expensive to replace, and it might be worth purchasing an entirely new device instead.
• You've repaired the unit many times before. Although a new hearing aid might cost more upfront, an old model's regular maintenance may be more hassle than it would be worth it.
If you have trouble with your hearing aid and are searching for a hearing aid repair in Lakewood, CO, then we're here for you. When you have purchased your system from Professional Hearing Services or another hearing practice, our staff will do our best to get it in working order again. Contact us today to schedule an assessment and repair appointment.
We bring modern hearing care solutions directly to your primary residence.
Hearing Aid Solutions
A wide selection of hearing aid products to suit your hearing loss needs.
Ear Wax Removal
Fast relief from discomfort and hearing impairment caused by earwax buildup.